Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stranded BACneteers

I'm not the only one stranded due to air trvael shutdown in Europe. Some of my Swiss colleagues on the BACnet committee were in Chicago last week for the BACnet Alarm Summit, adding new capabilities to the BACnet alarm system, and they of course are unable to get home also.


But at least we're all in reasonably good places, though without a car I lack their mobility. But Frankfurt am Main has a good public transit system and I made good use of it yesterday while touring Frankfurt, as I will again today. And I had a nice dinner last evening in the Sachsenhausen district with George Thomas and other colleagues from Contemporary Controls, similarly stranded.


The following photo is of an entrance to one of the U-bahn (subway) stations I visited yesterday: what was that about humorless Germans?


No comments:

Post a Comment