Friday, April 16, 2010

"Going Home"

[cue up Antonín Dvořák's Symphony No. 9]


...a day later than planned. My airline rebooked me into flights on Sunday that are actually more convenient timewise, except the 5-1/2 hour layover in Detroit, and gave me pretty good seats into the bargain though I won't be able to use the laptop on the Frankfurt-Detroit flight (sorry, Amy, that white paper you want will have to wait) and I will be way too tired on the Detroit-Seattle leg. It looks like most other folks here detained by the volcano will be headed out tomorrow, one way or another.


Light+Building wrapped up this afternoon, the day a bit slower than expected. But that was okay by me because I'd volunteered for a last-minute building-automation-related magazine article with a deadline of today, per second-hand request via ASHRAE, and I was able to crank it out in one day. I think this could be the first article I've written in 15+ years that doesn't use the word "BACnet." My bad.


Tomorrow's agenda: Tour Frankfurt on my unplanned vacation. Somewhere I have an e-mail listing things to see (thanks, Christine!).

No comments:

Post a Comment