Monday, May 3, 2010

Energy Efficiency class

This week I'm away at an intensive class in commercial building energy efficiency. I was rather amused during introductions when the instructor said, "If I'd known you were going to be here I'd have had you help out!"


LOL, well, perhaps I could have in the short period where he discussed ASHRAE standards and green-building rating systems (LEED et al), but the rest of the day was a very deep dive into the details of areas that have left my head aching and areas I had not much anticipated. Financial, for example. But that's all part of the Certified Energy Manager (CEM) test prep this class centers on.


Still, I was intrigued when he noted that knowledge of ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 135 (aka BACnet) was a good idea for when one sits for the CEM exam. I will have to look into this. And acquire a few more ASHRAE standards for my bookshelf (or rather hard drive, since I prefer the more portable PDF versions.)


But that's for later. It's only day one and my head aches already. The rest of the week doesn't look like it's going to lighten up -- and a day and a half after this class ends the BACnet spring meetings begin.


Now if only I could resolve what could be the correct answer for tonight's homework assignment item #7...

No comments:

Post a Comment