Monday, September 27, 2010

Didn't get the memo

Back when I began this blog, Marketing thought it would be a good idea to add a little bit of "social networking" along with it and suggested I sign up on Twitter (and CoTweet.com, because the corporate firewall blocked Twitter), despite my protestations that "Swans don't tweet!"

Often when I posted on this blog, particularly for technical matters, I would sent out a (co)tweet right away -- the Marketing folks loved it.

But no more. Now the corporate firewall also blocks CoTweet. I wonder how long until Hmmmm hm hmmmmm meets the same fate; I guess IT didn't get the memo that some of this activity is corporately sanctioned. Or maybe it isn't official enough.

Oops: Turns out IT didn't do a thing. Some(?) of the firewall is "externally" managed and they were the ones to re-brand CoTweet. One of our IT folks checked the log for this month -- two accesses (one successful, one not) so we don't have a usage problem. And I am betting both accesses were mine. Now working with IT to get access.

No comments:

Post a Comment