Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sailing to Strasbourg

...might be easier than flying! The annual membership meeting of the BACnet Interest Group - Europe (BIG-EU) will be there next month and I will be attending. But booking flights through the approved travel site is proving to be a headache: I have a choice right now of having only 1-1/2 hours in Lyon to clear immigration and customs and catch my flight to SXB, or barely making a return connection home by flying into Orly (south of Paris) and out of CDG (north of same).


But this trip will also be a birthday present to my wife, a native Francophone & Anglophone but who also speaks the native languages of most BIG-EU members including German, Dutch, and Italian. She wants to see Strasbourg again, and I'll get to introduce her to my BIG-EU colleagues.


It's only a shame that an old friend and former colleague from my ISO/TC205/WG3 committee, Dr. Hans Kranz, who lives not so very far away, will himself be away at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment